Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Nut Choppers

If I remember correctly, this collection started a few years ago when The Husband was making a dish for one of our dinner parties. He needed chopped nuts and we didn't have a nut chopper. We improvised, but decided to pick up a chopper for "next time."

We found a vintage chopper during our next antique mall visit. Some time later, we picked up a second chopper. Then a third. Then a fourth. You collectors out there know the rest of the story.
Do we want to grind the nuts or actually chop them? We've got options.
How many nut choppers do you have? Perhaps a better question, is how many nut choppers do any of us need?

I'll be linking up to Coloradolady's Vintage Thingie Thursday. Why don't you join us?

5 comments:

  1. Of all the vintage kitchen things I do not have a old nut chopper...oh mine is from the 80's, does that make it vintage now? Love the aluminum tray by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have several!!! But my favorite is the old can my grandma used....I still use it today. I don't think one can have too many nut choppers!!! Happy VTT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool collection! Visiting from Coloradolady Vintage Thingie party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great!! My Mom had a wonderful little nut chopper, and though I have looked for years, I have never been able to find one like it in the stores. Now I know that I should be looking in the antique malls!! LOL!
    I love your aluminum tray too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great collection. I have one, but never thought of starting a collection. As if I need another collection!!! ~~Sherry~~

    ReplyDelete