Monday, November 8, 2010

Washington, DC - Part 4 of 4

Our last full day in DC started at the National Air and Space Museum.

The Husband loved seeing The Spirit of St. Louis. I loved seeing the space capsules. I was 9 years old when man landed on the moon. My 12 year old brother was extremely fascinated with the entire space program, so of course I was also!

We left the Air and Space Museum and were walking across the mall when we stopped and offered to take a young couple's photo. They returned the favor for us and this may be my favorite picture of our entire trip:
We then walked over to the City Segway Tours office for an afternoon of fun. Yes, I said segway. Have you ever ridden one? No? Neither had we.

After watching a safety video, we were assigned to a small group and taken to the alley to learn to ride.

Here I am. Aren't I cute? (dork)
Here's a photo of The Husband.
And here we are together.
The tour took us to places we had already seen, but that was okay. What took us two days to see on foot, took us two hours on a segway! 

The funny thing is, when you are on a segway, you are an object of curiosity to other tourists. At least two groups of tourists videotaped our group as we drove by them. The Husband waved at one group and they all smiled, laughed and waved back at him. Children were also fascinated with the segways. I waved at several kids who waved back and then turned to the parents and started chattering. I can just imagine the conversations.

Next time we are on vacation and there are segway tours available, we will definitely sign up. If you have the opportunity, you should try it. Trust me, if I can do this, you can do this!

We had dinner at Luigi's, which is a great Italian place. And, guess what? Bottles of wine were half price that night. Score!

So this was our last day in DC. We had a great time. We hope to go back in the future and spend more time in the museums. 

How about you? Have you been to DC? What's your favorite thing in the city?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great trip! Love the segway pics ;) -I've never been on 1 but, it sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete