Friday, November 12, 2010

Vintage Thanksgiving Centerpiece

Over the last few days, I have been reviewing Thanksgiving recipes and decorating tips in my collection of vintage cookbooks and entertaining books.

During my review of this book:
I found this photo of a Thanksgiving table and instructions on how to make the gold spray painted fruit centerpiece:
I was amused by the centerpiece and then I realized the dishes looked familiar. Why, you ask? Because I happen to own six dinner plates in this pattern; Adaptation of Early English Ivy by Crown Ducal, England.
I acquired these plates about 10 years ago at a "tag sale" in Connecticut. I think I paid $8 for six.

It's strange for me to see them in a Thanksgiving tablescape, as I only use them in the spring and summer.

Perhaps I should purchase some fruit and gold spray paint and try to replicate this table setting for the upcoming holiday. What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. I think you should do it up Betty Crocker style all the way!
    Love ya,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betty Crocker is a classic! Love your plates - and what a deal! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not only is the centerpiece awesome, but this whole post is just plain adorable. :-)

    ReplyDelete