Sunday, November 21, 2010

Papa Needs a New Porch - Part 2

I mentioned here that we are rehabilitating our old front porch. The project is going well and we are both very happy with the results.

The concrete was delivered.
The guys had to wheelbarrow it up a ramp over our steps to pour the new section of the porch. The south end of the porch is brand new and level!
The new section of the steps (left side of photo) is also level. Yippee!
The cracks have been filled and the entire porch has been ground off to remove any remaining remnents of old paint. The grinding was noisy and generated a lot of dust, but made everything look great.

The side walk has also been repaired.
The next (and final) steps are to apply a couple of coats of stain and sealer to the sidewalk and the porch. The stain will unify the old, new and repaired concrete and make it look beautiful.

I'll show you more pictures when everything is finished!

2 comments:

  1. It looks great so far! I can't wait to see the finished product. The fall leaves were peaking into your photos, and they look so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cement work looks great. I need to do something as I have a crack in my front porch that mocks me everyday.

    ReplyDelete