Saturday, July 25, 2009

Super Downsizing

I confess, I'm a collector. I have five or six categories of things, of which I own many variations. I don't spend lots of money on purchasing additional items because the fun is in the hunt for a deal, plus finding something I don't already own.

At this time, I'm not ready to quit using, displaying, or even adding to my collections. I have fun with them and that is what is important. However, The Husband is always teasing me about downsizing. He says to me: "Honey, we need to start planning now to move to a much smaller house." I usually just roll my eyes at him.

I just read an article about "super downsizing."

Let me just say, here and now, there is no way I could downsize from 2400 square feet to 336 square feet.

No. Way.

Now, don't get me wrong. The tiny houses are cute. Really cute. Would be terribly cute on a nice piece of property in the mountains of New Mexico or Colorado. Would be a great vacation spot for a month or two every year.

But to live in? Year round? 24/7/365? I don't think so.

Click here and here to view more about the houses and then tell me what you think!

4 comments:

  1. I think I'd love one to go away by myself for an hour or two a day. Couldn't live in one 24/7.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiny Texas would be a nice get-away or a studio. Tumbleweed, yikes! Interesting that the house is on wheels, which I guess makes it more like an RV than a house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perry and I are currently looking at downsizing. But it WILL NOT be to one of those. No. Way. No. How.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Couldn't do it. And mind you, we already live in a tiny little house! haha They make me think of those really cute playhouses you can buy for kids. The do look nice though...

    ReplyDelete