Monday, July 13, 2009

Family Saturday

Saturday was an easy day. We both slept late and had a leisurely morning at home.

We then went to Sapulpa for a birthday dinner for our nephew. When I married The Husband 15 years ago, The Nephew was 9 years old. He's now a handsome young man with a lovely wife, living just outside Kansas City and working as an electrical engineer. When did that happen?!?!

My S-i-L is a great cook, and I mean great! This is what we had:
  • Appetizers (summer sausage, cheese, crackers, dips, etc.)
  • The Pioneer Woman's beef brisket
  • Cheesy potatoes (sooo good and sooo bad, if you know what I mean!)
  • Baked beans
  • Corn
  • Deviled Eggs, Tomatoes, Pickles, Jalapenos, Onions, etc.
  • Birthday cake (of course!)
Mmmm good food and a great time!

2 comments:

  1. I'm still sad I wasn't able to be there during dinner... but the leftovers saved for me were AMAZING!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are close to your family. It really is a gift. I think it is really what we are here for.

    ReplyDelete