Monday, July 20, 2009

July 20, 1981

What did you do on that day in history?

I walked through the doors of an office building in downtown Tulsa, OK to begin my new job as an experienced secretary at a major US oil company.

I had no idea how much my life would change as a result.

I was a secretary for 5 years and then moved into an assistant role, where I was given ever increasing responsibilities. After a change in my personal circumstances, opportunities presented themselves to transfer to Calgary, Chicago and Houston, where I worked in a number of professional roles.

I have learned a lot, about a lot!

I have worked for and with many talented, smart, interesting women and men. People who took the time to mentor me. I will be forever grateful to them for helping me develop my job into a CAREER.

Who would have thought that the secretary of long ago would end up the manager of a global website? Certainly, not me.

So, here is a "shout out" to 28 years of corporate experience, enhanced by priceless mentoring.

It will be interesting to see what happens next...

2 comments:

  1. What did I do on July 20, 1981??? What do unborn babies do before God decides where to place them in this world?? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. The right place, the right time. I love it when the universe takes care of its own. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete