Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Two of My Favorite Things

1) Lost will be on in approximately 19 minutes.

2) I get to go home tomorrow.

So far, it's been a long week in Houston. The project is just 2 months from the "go live" date and everyone's stress level is escalating. Some of these folks have been working on this project for 2+ years. This is my 4th official week and here I am complaining.

I'll just shut up now and enjoy watching "Lost" while making sure I'm packed to check out of the hotel tomorrow morning.

Of course, we all will have to work on Friday (from home) and be back in Houston next week, but perhaps the break will do everyone good. My focus next week will be on keeping my sub-team's spirits up and our efforts focused!

3 comments:

  1. A week away from home is tough. I lived in Houston for 11 years before I moved here. What kind of project is 'go live'? I tried to watch Lost the first season for a while. I think you have to follow it from the get go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm working on a project to implement a new computer system for a global company. My reference to "go live" was a reference to when they flip the switch to turn the new system on. I have watched "Lost" from day 1 and I love it! I don't understand it all, but because of that I love it!
    My Husband and I lived in Houston for 3 years. We were happy to move back to Tulsa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you the programmer? I'm having to learn computerese because of the blog. I'm specially challenged in the tech area. My hat goes off to you.

    ReplyDelete