Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Houston, We Have a Problem

I'm stranded in my hotel room today. Houston had major, major rainstorms yesterday and last night and is seriously flooded. Local TV stations are featuring constant coverage.

It's amazing that some people believe instructions to stay home and off the roads do not apply to them. They drive, get into serious trouble and have to be rescued by local police and fire departments.

The office complex where I work Mondays-Thursdays is closed. Several buildings have inches and inches of water in the basements. We don't know when the buildings will re-open. Everyone is working from home or from their hotel rooms. Fortunately, we are all very familiar with virtual working.

It's not strange for me to work by myself, but it is strange to be working by myself in a Houston hotel room approximately 1 mile from the office!

No comments:

Post a Comment