Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Flowers in the Garden

In addition to the vegetables and herbs we planted last weekend, I picked up a few flowers at the nursery for some pots in the garden.  These are Superbells.  The colors I selected are saffron, dreamsicle and apricot punch.  Check out the color tab on the link I've included.  They are beautiful.

I love this little bench planter.  I picked it up years ago at Round Top.
My chicken planter came from Houston. He amuses me. He is holding a royal deep orange Gerbera Daisy for me.

2 comments:

  1. I love Gerbera daisies but I have never planted one. Do they grow well in our climate? I love planters too. Unfortunately, I think I went a little overboard and got too many.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have had Gerbera daisies in our flower beds before and they have done just fine. The Husband reports to me that this one probably won't survive in the pot. It seems to be suffering even though he is watering it every day.

    ReplyDelete