Thursday, June 28, 2012

Hair Today, Gone Today

My hair, early afternoon, Wednesday, June 27, 2012: 
Back
Side
Front
My hair, late afternoon, Wednesday, June 27, 2012: 
Back

Side
Front
Amazing, yes?
The last time I had my hair cut was 370 days ago.
(Believe it or not!)

I have continued to be
so very tired
of spending a lot of money to get my hair done.
As a result, I let my hair grow.
And grow.
And grow.

However, it is now really, really hot in Oklahoma.

So, I caved and went to the salon this afternoon.

Samuel Grayson worked his magic on my hair and it looks great.
Cutting away all the length and thinning the remaining hair,
 has made my hair bouncy and perky and lovely.
I should have taken a picture of my hair on the floor.

Oh! My! Goodness!

I love Samuel. It is so peaceful in his salon.
I even made a future appointment to maintain this cut.

How do you feel about how expensive hair maintenance is now?
Do you rebel and let your hair become a hot mess?
Do you think I should continue to rebel and only get a haircut once a year?

8 comments:

  1. It is so hot I want to shave mine bald. You know they always say a haircut makes you look younger. I see most of my friends wearing their hair longer and for me, it has to be long enough to pull it up in a clip which is really no style at all. If I wear it down it is too hot. My gray, or trying to hide it, is my biggest problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was using a clip before this cut. It did not look good!

      My gray is also a problem, but I'm just going to embrace it.

      Delete
  2. Great choice for your hair cut. Stylish and easy to maintain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've received a lot of positive feedback on it, which is nice. :-)

      Delete
  3. Cute. I like it. I've opted to let my grow out again. So I'm in a ponytail a lot lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ponytails just did not work for me. :-(

      Delete
  4. I try to keep mine at ponytail length always, but I refuse to let it become a hot mess again. I let mine grow out the year I was pregnant with Ella and for most of her first year of life. NEVER AGAIN, I SAY!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will check you on that decision!

      Looking forward to seeing you on the 4th!

      Delete