Monday, June 11, 2012

Tablescape For A Family Dinner Party

The Sister and her family joined us for dinner a couple of weeks ago and I decided to use my United States tablecloths, so we could discuss with the nieces where we went on our recent road trip.

Here is our appetizer station. Grapes and Southern Pimento Cheese dip, served with Stacy's Simply Naked Pita Chips and celery sticks. My flower frog collection is displayed on two hammered aluminum tiered trays on this table in the summer.


This is the main dining table. I layered my second United States tablecloth over a plain white cloth. I used Fitz & Floyd's everyday bone china, Nevaeh White.


The centerpiece was simple, two hammered aluminum candlestick holders with etched glass globes and a glass candlestick.


The wine glass is Waterford's Araglin and the water glass is Mikasa's French Countryside Ruby goblet, which I won from Susan.


The sterling is an unidentified pattern that I picked up a few years ago from an estate sale. The napkins are from my collection of estate sale linens.


Our menu was grilled stuffed trout, fresh green beans, fried polenta and salad. The Sister brought brownies for dessert.

After dinner the men "retired" to watch basketball and the girls "retired" to the living room to work on our embroidery. How very Victorian of us!




No comments:

Post a Comment