Monday, December 20, 2010

Bristow, OK - Home of Happy Chickens

My family usually asks me to make deviled eggs for special occasions and holidays. I'm happy to oblige for two reasons.
  1. I love to eat deviled eggs.
  2. I can use my grandmother's deviled egg plate.
I made a batch on Sunday morning to take to my brother-in-law's house for an extended family Christmas dinner. I cut open the first egg and it had a double yolk.
I was happy as I believe a double yolk is good luck. I then cut open the next egg. And the next egg. And the next egg. They were all double yolks. 
Every egg in that carton was double yolked. Fisher's Farm Fresh Eggs in Bristow, OK must have really, really, really happy chickens.
It's a Christmas miracle, I say! 

This dozen was purchased at Petty's Fine Foods in Tulsa, OK. I offer this tidbit of info in case you want to go buy your own dozen to see what you get.

What causes double yolked eggs? Read all about it here.

Cindy's Deviled Eggs
Salt, pepper, garlic salt, ground mustard, sweet relish, mayo, dijon mustard
Combine egg yolks with all ingredients to taste. For this batch I did not use the dijon mustard. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. 

Return seasoned egg yolks to egg whites. Sprinkle with paprika. Eat and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Mmm I love deviled eggs, and yours look so lovely! Grandma's plate is being put to good use. Enjoy all that good luck you've got coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. On behalf of Fisher Ag Enterprises, Inc., thank you very much for saying nice things about our eggs! Visit us at www.fisherag.com sometime!

    ReplyDelete