Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A Bear and A Bridge

A friend forwarded an e-mail with this story. I love bears and I enjoyed the photos, so I thought I'd share it with you: "This bridge is on the Donner Pass Highway. It has a spectacular view of Donner Lake and Donner Pass on Route 80. A bear was walking across Rainbow Bridge (Old Hwy 40 at Donner Summit, Truckee) when two cars, also crossing the Old bridge, scared the bear into jumping over the edge.
Somehow the bear caught the ledge and was able to pull itself to safety. Authorities decided that nothing could be done to help Saturday night so they returned Sunday morning to find the bear sound asleep on the ledge.
A net was secured under the bridge.
The bear was tranquilized and fell into the net.
The net was lowered to the ground.
And the bear walked away."
Taking a nap is, more often than not, my way of dealing a situation. Although, when I wake up I never have a net under me!

You can google "bear donnor pass" and find several versions of this story.

2 comments:

  1. Pretty cool story! Yeah if only we could take a nap and wake to find a net to help us over all our problems ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a story! I'm glad it had a happy ending.

    ReplyDelete