Saturday, June 22, 2013

Oh Canada!

This morning on Facebook, I shared this link on the Calgary, Canada flooding. The Husband and I lived and worked in Calgary in the late 1990's. I hate to see the devastation they are now experiencing because of the flooding.

We visited Calgary a couple of years ago. I wrote about that trip here and here

When we lived there, we spent a lot of weekends in Banff since it was just 1 1/2 hours away. On the drives to and from Banff, I was always on the lookout for wild life. We never saw any animals. I swear, though, just about every weekend in the summer we would return to Calgary and the newspaper would carry a story on Monday about a huge "bear jam" around Banff. Dad gum it!

Anyhoo, while reading the news this morning about the Alberta floods, I saw this story. Really? 

I need to visit Canada again!

No comments:

Post a Comment