Sunday, June 30, 2013

Grocery Shopping

I called The Mother this afternoon to tell her I was on the way over to visit. She was just leaving to go to the grocery store, so I told her to wait and I would take her. I'm glad I did.

Shopping is getting harder for her. Walking through the store tires her out. Loading the groceries in the car, driving home, carrying the groceries in the house and putting them away exhausts her.

She's told me her neighbor and her mailman have both recently helped her carry groceries from the car to the house.
 
The Sister and I have told her repeatedly to just let us know when she needs groceries and we will either 1) shop for her or 2) take her to the store. She says she hates to bother us. 

I know to her this must feel like losing bits of independence. I've got to figure out how to get her to ask us for more help. She's so dang stubborn!

No comments:

Post a Comment