Thursday, October 29, 2009

Pleased to Meet You!

In addition to giving niece Amy advice on home organizing, another reason I went to OKC this week was to attend a "Hands On Small Business" seminar.

The seminar was at the Full Circle Bookstore. Unfortunately, I did not have time to explore this store, so I will have to plan another visit.

The instructor for this session was none other than Susan Wagner, who is a freelance writer and professional blogger. I have been a fan of her blog, Friday Playdate, for several months. She is so smart, funny and cute! And nice...so very nice.

Susan gave us an overview of the Microsoft Office Live product and we discussed how it can be used by small business owners to store documents on-line and present to customers a professional presence on the internet. And, best of all, it's free. Yes, I said FREE!

We also reviewed the functionality of Twitter and how businesses can "virtually hear" what is being said about them and can also initiate conversations with their customers. We chatted about about business use of Facebook and finally reviewed Kirtsy. What is Kirtsy? Click here to find out.

I'm so glad I attended this seminar. I don't currently have a business, but I've an idea percolating that I will pursue sometime next year.

And, I'm especially happy I got to meet Susan.

2 comments:

  1. I would have loved attending that. Right up my alley. I'll have to check out her blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to have met you, too!

    ReplyDelete