Friday, August 24, 2012

Road Trip #2 - 2012 - Day 7

Wednesday, August 22 - Phoenix, AZ

Beginning odometer: 43,711

We had breakfast in the hotel lobby and returned to our rooms to read and generally be lazy.

The Husband went to the Diamondbacks afternoon ball game. He bought a $7 ticket and this was his view from the seat.


I opted to visit the second Brass Armadillo location. Once I found it, I realized a laundromat was located nearby. Because we had been on the road a week, our dirty clothes bag was full. I took the opportunity to do our laundry at the Clean Livin' Laundry.


Once I finished my chore, I walked the entire antique mall. This vinitage maxi skirt caught my eye. Oh, to be younger and thinner! If I were both those things, I would definitely wear this skirt. Ain't it cool?


I left the mall to drive back to the hotel and it rained on me almost the entire way. What's the deal with us visiting the desert and getting rained on?

The Husband enjoyed his afternoon, just as I enjoyed mine. You don't have to be together 100% of the time to enjoy vacation!

Mario, the hotel shuttle driver, drove us to the Blue Hound Kitchen & Cocktails for dinner.

We walked in and I felt tragically unhip and old. Everyone was YOUNG and TRENDY and oh so COOL. Oh well, we were also back in the day!

We shared the following dishes:

Cheddar Scallion Biscuits: bacon jam with sunny side up quail egg 
Sopes: caramelized onion, pork belly and pasilla chile jam 
Kentucky Fried Quail: foie gras cornbread, red beans, sausage gravy 

They were all very tasty, especially the quail. Foie gras cornbread is rich!

The Husband phoned for Mario and he returned us to the hotel before 10:00 p.m. We were in bed early and I was startled awake by a big storm at 3:00 a.m. Thunder! Lightning! Rain!

Ending odometer: 43,741
Miles driven: 30

No comments:

Post a Comment