Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Road Trip #2 - 2012 - Day 6

Tuesday, August 21 - Phoenix, AZ

Beginning odometer: 43,674

We were a bit lazy on this day. We slept a little later and went to breakfast in the hotel lobby at around 9:30 a.m. After a leisurely meal, we returned to the room and checked e-mail and read on-line news. 

We finally got around and left the hotel headed to one of my favorite places, a local Brass Armadillo Antique Mall. Phoenix has two Brass Armadillos. We visited the Phoenix West location.

The Husband is a good sport about going to antique malls with me, but I did find him sitting in this area at one point during the visit.

It takes quite a while to walk through one of these places, but we managed to see the entire store. We did not, however, purchase one item. Not one!

We returned to the hotel and lazed around reading and napping until it was time to walk to the Arizona Diamondback's ball park. We purchased great tickets from a scalper outside the ball park. 

We had an entire suite to ourselves for the game. Can you believe that? And, the tickets were very, very reasonable. The Husband has had the opportunity to sit in suites at other parks, but I have never had the chance. It was great!


Hot dogs, peanuts and beer taste better in a suite!

This was our view of the field.

Guess who The Husband got to meet? A Diamondback named Stryker!

As is our habit when visiting a ball park for the first time, we walked around during the later innings (of which there were 10 in this game!) and viewed the action while seated in various sections. The game was fun and it was too bad the Diamondbacks lost in the 10th inning.

We exited the ball park and guess what? It was raining! In the desert! Pouring down rain! Remember, I said we walked to the ball park from our hotel? It was not a bad walk when it was dry. It was going to be a miserable walk in the rain.

The Husband still had the card for Mr. Joey, the shuttle driver who drove us to a restaurant the previous night. He called the hotel to ask if we could be picked up, knowing that the shuttle quit running at 10:00 p.m. and it was 10:15 p.m. when he made the call. Mr. Joey to the rescue! He agreed to come get us. We did have to walk a couple of blocks to a location where traffic was not blocked around the stadium, but that was okay with us. We were soaking wet when he arrived, but not as wet as we could have been.

It was a great day!

Ending odometer: 43,711
Miles driven: 37

No comments:

Post a Comment