Friday, March 6, 2009

Buttons

I've been playing around with buttons recently.  This was inspired by something I saw last year in Taos.  Of course, the Taos item was created by an artist and I'm just someone with a lot of old buttons.  

I've mixed the button collections from myself, my mom, my grandmother and my mother-in-law.  I'm now sorting them by color (of course).

I took most of the black and white buttons and made this to hold the shower curtain in the guest bathroom.  

I'll continue to play around and see what I come up with next.  I have lots of red and purple buttons that look really good together!

I've seen the following items made with buttons: jewelry, bookmarks and greeting cards.  Do you have any ideas you want to share with me on what to make next?

No comments:

Post a Comment