Thursday, October 16, 2014

Déjà Vu

: the feeling that you have already experienced something that is actually happening for the first time
: something that has happened many times before : something that is very familiar

Source:   http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/déjà%20vu

The Husband and I were working together in the kitchen on Monday evening, 10.13.2014, preparing my "famous" pork chop casserole.  The TV was turned to the NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams and, of course, the hot topic was Ebola in the United States.

As we performed mundane tasks to put together the casserole, I said to him, "This is Déjà Vu for me! How many movies have I watched where the opening scenes are innocent, routine family life and then by the end of the movie 90% of the population is dead?"

CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!

Outbreak
Contagion
The Last Ship
I Am Legend
The Walking Dead

There are many more shows/movies, but I can't remember the names.

Need I say more?

Are the "preppers" of the world feeling pretty smug now? 

1 comment: