Saturday, October 25, 2014

Smothered Steak

I made my sister-in-law's Smothered Steak tonight.

I served it to The Husband with mashed potatoes (real butter, sour cream, salt & pepper).

Yum! Yum! Yum!

Claudia's Smothered Steak
  • 2 1/2 pounds of boneless round steak, cut in serving pieces 
  • Season with salt and pepper
  • Dredge in flour
  • Heat 1/4 cup of vegetable oil in a large skillet
  • Brown meat on both sides
Combine and whisk until smooth:
  • 3 Tablespoons of flour
  • 1 Teaspoon of Garlic Salt
  • 1 Tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 Dash of Hot Sauce
  • 1 Tablespoon of Red Wine Vinegar
  • 2 Tablespoons of Water
After the above mixture is smooth, add 2 cups of water and whisk until well blended.

Pour mixture over steak.  

Cover and cook over medium heat 50-60 minutes or until tender.

Serve with mashed potatoes. (Or, egg noodles!)

I'm planning to take the leftovers to Mom to see how they taste re-heated.

What are you cooking?

2 comments:

  1. Yummy Cindy, that sounds good and I know my hubby would love it.
    Thanks for visiting me.

    ReplyDelete