Friday, March 16, 2012

"He's Such A Horse's Ass!"

This is my dear, sweet, departed mother-in-law Lucye.
She was a lovely person.

March 16, 1923 - August 3, 2008

One of her sayings to describe bad behaviour was:
"He's such a horse's ass!"

If children were in the room, it would be modified to:
"He's such a horse's tail."

A number of years ago, The Husband and I attended a Texas flea market/antique show. The Husband saw this bottle opener and exclaimed,
"I have to get this for Mom!" 


Behold, a horse's ass bottle opener.
Lucye hung the opener below a long, narrow mirror.
Anyone who looked in the mirror was reminded, "Don't be a horse's ass!"

Fast forward several years.
I collect hammered aluminum and I frequently check eBay
to see if there are any unique pieces for sale.
Imagine my surprise when I saw this tray.


Of course, I had to have it.

They say it's a collection when you have three of kind.
We now have two horse's asses and are looking for a third!


It's only appropriate these are displayed on our bar.

Happy Birthday, Lucye.
You are missed!

4 comments:

  1. If I happen to find one, (other than those live specimens), I'll pick it up for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful post! And such unique pieces. They will always make you think of your sweet MIL.

    ReplyDelete