Monday, September 26, 2011

My Birthday in St. Louis

If you follow me on Twitter, you know that The Husband and I recently took a trip to St. Louis to celebrate my birthday.
We went to a baseball game. Beautiful weather, beautiful stadium, tasty hot dogs and cold beer!
We also spent some time wondering through shops in the Cherokee Antique Row & Specialty Shops district. I really enjoyed the China Finders shop.
They are an on-line matching service for china, crystal & collectibles, but you can also stroll through the rows and rows of china and crystal in the store.
It's a dish lovers paradise!

Located across the street from China Finders is Elder's Ltd Antiques. It is a seriously great store. We both saw a number of things we would have loved to bring home. It's a family owned business, with the third generation now working in the business. It's one of those shops that I would cruise through 2 or 3 times a month if I lived nearby. 

On the drive through Missouri, we stopped at a number of antique places. Antique Mercantile is a multi-dealer mall. They have some dealers that have large, amazing, specialized collections for sale. I was in awe in several of the booths. We both were in awe at Cooper's Antiques. They have very unique oak furniture pieces that are lovely restored. We saw several pieces we would have loved to have. 

I had a fun birthday weekend. We got to see a MLB game and to visit multiple antique shops. Something for both of us!

Note: I would have linked to websites for each shop, but unfortuantely not all had sites. So, I linked to a page that gives their location.

1 comment:

  1. Cindy, you brought our Cardinals good luck and I see you followed St Louis etiquette by wearing red to the game! I have never been to the china finder before? It has been a few years since I went to Cherokee street..need to go! Glad you had a good weekend and the weather was so much better than they forecasted.

    ReplyDelete