Monday, August 26, 2013

BlogHer13 - July 25-27, 2013

Below is the post I drafted to describe my BlogHer13 experience. I just can't seem to get the mojo to finish it and we've even been on another trip since then. So, I'm going to hit "publish" on this post and just move on to new blog posts!

**********************************************************************

The agenda for BlogHer13 was jam packed.

Thursday, July 25

I started off by attending Evening at the Expo.  On the shuttle bus from the hotel to McCormick Place, I met Juliette of Mahogany Mommy and Francesca, who uses her Facebook page as a type of blog. They were kind enough to include me in their conversation, when my shuttle seat mate didn't want to talk to me.

We all checked into registration and then waited for the Expo to open. We walked around and took silly photos.

Here I am with the Lazy Boy guys. Their suits are made of upholstery material available for their furniture.


I've wanted to meet Poppin' Fresh for years!


There were only photos of Minions, I didn't see any in person.


I was happy to meet Amy Goyer at the AARP booth.

After walking through the entire Expo, I took the shuttle back to the hotel and met The Husband for a bite to eat at Shula's Steak House.  The Husband left me and I chatted with Kel and another very nice lady. I would tell you who, butI can't find her business card. (bad blogger)

After leaving Shula's, I stopped in at The People's Party. I found Juliette there, with a group that included Lianne of The Makeup Girl and Karen of The Not Mom. I had met Karen at the BlogHer12, so was pleased to see her again.

Friday, July 26

My first session was Find Your Instagram Style. I joined Instagram a week or so prior to BlogHer, so I have a lot to learn and this session was very helpful.

Then it was lunch time and the keynote with Guy Kawaski.

Followed by returning to my room to lay down, due to my aching lower back! Oh, my aching lower back! I don't know what caused it to hurt so much. I wore sensible shoes the entire time, I promise.

After I rested for quite a long time, The Husband and I went to dinner at Ruth's Chris, which we thoroughly enjoyed.

We returned to the hotel and I attended a couple of the late night parties.

Saturday, July 26

This day started with Breakfast and the interview with Sheryl Sandberg.

After the interview, I participated in a Lean In Circle.

I had lunch and watched the presentation by Lourds Lane.

I walked through the Expo again and visited more sponsors.

I then attended the Midlife Bloggers session.

At then end of the conference, I attended the interview with Gale Ann Hurd, the producer of The Walking Dead.

I wrote about BlogHer11 and BlogHer12 in these posts.

I'm ambivalent about attending BlogHer14. While I enjoy traveling to different cities for the event, I'm not sure I learn enough new information to make the trip worthwhile. However, once they announce the location for next year's event, I might change my mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment