Sunday, October 20, 2013

Phase versus Faze

I read something a few days ago where the author said:

"XXX doesn't phase me anymore when it shows up in my workplace."

The correct word to use would be:

"XXX doesn't faze me anymore when it shows up in my workplace."

The offending word is spelled correctly, but was used incorrectly.

Do synonyms confuse spell check?

Does spell check consider context? (It needs to be perfected.)

Do you think people depend too much on spell check?

I may start posting every time I see incorrect word usage.
It happens more frequently than you may imagine.

It ticks me off every.single.time!

I try very, very, very hard to make sure I don't use words incorrectly on this blog.
If you catch me out, please call me on it.
I love to learn and there is nothing better to learn about than a word!

No comments:

Post a Comment