Saturday, July 4, 2015

Happy July 4th & Memories

I hope everyone has a safe and fun holiday today.

The is the first holiday without The Husband. 
I will be spending the afternoon with good friends, 
which is what we have done for the past couple of years.

Here is a picture of The Husband with a small cannon I gave him when we lived in Houston.  


The Husband brought the cannon out for New Year's Eve, July 4th, 
to randomly declare cocktail hour and when ever else he thought it was appropriate.  

I passed stewardship of the cannon to our nephew in Oklahoma City, 
as he and The Husband had a ridiculous July 4th with it a few years ago.

The cannon will be shot off multiple times today 
in remembrance of him and celebration of the holiday.

The start of cocktail hour in the mountains:


The Husband and his brother on July 4th a few years ago:


Doesn't everyone have a cannon?

1 comment:

  1. I had a tiny brass one once, but never tried it as I didn't know what to do. Have a good one Cindy.

    ReplyDelete