Thursday, January 1, 2015

Watch Your Step!

These are the steps into our kitchen.


Notice how the steps curve?
Notice they are wide on one end and narrow on the opposite end?

We've lived in this house almost 12 years.
I know you must be careful rounding the curve, watch your feet
and stay close to the wide end of the steps.

I forgot all of that Tuesday morning.

I had my arms full of stuff, wasn't careful and missed the bottom step.
I landed in the floor with a twisted right ankle.
The Husband came clattering down the stairs,
"Are you alright?  Are you alright?"
"I don't know.  Let me sit here a minute. Here, take this."
I handed him all the stuff in my arms, because I didn't drop any of it.

I managed to stand up and then became light headed.
I hobbled to a chair and sat for a few moments until my head cleared.
I got up from the chair and my left knee started hurting, as well as my lower back.
  
Year end in Human Resources is always very busy.
The person who has the same system access as me and could have done my work, 
also had a long list of tasks to complete.

I had no option but to shake it off and go to work.

The Husband suggested I take the re-usable ice packs with me.
Thank goodness, I did.
I managed to keep my ankle and knee iced for most of the day
and also managed to do the work that needed to be done.

I'm ready for the pain to be gone now.  
Who has a magic wand to wave over my foot and knee to get rid of the pain?


P.S. Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. It's always when you're carrying something in front of you. Anti inflammatory for several days.

    ReplyDelete