I served it to The Husband with mashed potatoes (real butter, sour cream, salt & pepper).
Yum! Yum! Yum!
Claudia's Smothered Steak
- 2 1/2 pounds of boneless round steak, cut in serving pieces
- Season with salt and pepper
- Dredge in flour
- Heat 1/4 cup of vegetable oil in a large skillet
- Brown meat on both sides
Combine and whisk until smooth:
- 3 Tablespoons of flour
- 1 Teaspoon of Garlic Salt
- 1 Tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Dash of Hot Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon of Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons of Water
After the above mixture is smooth, add 2 cups of water and whisk until well blended.
Pour mixture over steak.
Cover and cook over medium heat 50-60 minutes or until tender.
Serve with mashed potatoes. (Or, egg noodles!)
I'm planning to take the leftovers to Mom to see how they taste re-heated.
What are you cooking?