Thursday, September 5, 2013

27, 54 and 81?

I was born on September 4, 1959.

My 27th birthday, in 1986, was not good. I was desperately unhappy.

I made a number of difficult decisions that year and changed my life for the better.

The milestone birthdays that people struggle with?  All were good for me!  29, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50 - fun, fantastic, lovely!

54?

Not so much.

I think a lot of my feelings have to do with my Mother's increasing age. She had her right knee replaced a couple of months ago. She needs her left knee replaced. She has a shoulder bone spur that requires surgery. We are taking her to physical therapy twice a week. She has other, miscellaneous, issues that require one-off doctor's visits.

It is exhausting.

She's 81. I'm 54.

27 was a bad birthday for me.

27 + 54 = 81

Is my 81st birthday going to be bad?

I guess 3 bad birthdays in a life span of 81 years isn't bad at all.

Is it?

I think I'm just whining.

No comments:

Post a Comment