Saturday, September 5, 2009

Green and Yellow

I un-earthed a couple of my grade school pottery projects.

On the right, is my 4th grade project, a little yellow box. I've been using it in my desk drawer to hold binder clips.
The green box on the left is my 5th grade project. I really stepped it up with this item. It's much bigger and has a lid, that fits on a rim inside the box. This box has been sitting in the closet in my office.

When I took the green box out of the closet and sat it on my desk, I had the desk drawer open and could see the yellow box. It struck me then...I am still, all these years later, drawn to these colors.

Below is just part of my collection of yellow and green pottery. I put my two pieces in the tableau and they fit right in!
Well, okay, the green glaze has a blue undertone instead of the yellow undertone of the other pieces, but you get what I mean.

I'm not sure why I thought this was so interesting this week, but I did!

2 comments:

  1. So sweet. They should be displayed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they blend in perfectly.....

    ReplyDelete